Sugarland Cellars in Gatlinburg is one of the newer attractions in the Smokies. They are a fully operating winery offering limited, complimentary wine tastings seven days a week. They are located on the Parkway in Gatlinburg close to the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Their wine guides and the labels on their bottles explain the rich mountain history of the area. Sugarland Cellars wines are made with regionally grown grapes grown in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The distillers are local folks who have a long history of farming in the Smokies. Put them both together and you have a delicious combination of taste, history, story-telling and enjoyment.
Sugarland Cellars wines fall into several categories: Dry, Semi-Sweet, Sweet and Specialty Wines. Most of the wines are named after areas in the Smokies, like Elkmont, or a famous person from the Smokies like Wiley Oakley. Here is a listing and description of Sugarland’s wines.
- Century Red (1802). This Pinot Noir grape wine has aromas of cedar and tobacco graced with a long, rich finish.
- Century White (Greenbriar) has floral and tropical notes with a slightly sweet finish.
- Hellbender teases you with notes of dark, sweet cherry and fig and cedar aromas.
- Elkmont is made from Loganberries which gives this red wine a sweet but tart and lasting finish.
- The Martha Jane Rose blends red and white Muscadine grapes into a unique a delicious wine.
- Baskins Creek Blanc is a white wine with a pleasant honey finish.
- The Wiley Oakley wine combines Concord grapes and blueberries for a sweet taste named after the “Roamin’ Man of the Smokies”.
- Blackberry Peach wine gives you sweetness and tartness combined for a taste perfect for a summer’s day.
- Mountain Laurel is a native Smoky Mountain plant and the name of a rich, flavorful wine made from Muscadine grapes.
- Cherry-Kee will remind you of homemade cherry pies and is made from 100% cherries.
- Dance of the Firefly is a white wine synchronized with a a small amount of Muscadine grape for a slightly sweet taste.
- Chimney Tops evokes plum and cherry notes and is a mixture of Blue Muscat and Chambourcin.
- Enjoy Sunny Days, a semi-sweet white wine made with Niagara grapes and releases aromas of pineapples, pears and honey.
- Autumn’s Path take your tasting experience to s semi-sweet blend of sunbelt and red muscat.
- Arrowmont is a delightful Chardonnay that will give you hints of Bourbon, melon and citrus as you sip.
Sugarland Cellars offers wine making facility tours Thursday through Saturday from 1-5:00 p.m. , wine tastings seven days a week and a gift shop to equip you with bar accessories and unforgettable souvenirs and gifts to take home to family. Find out more about distilleries and other Gatlinburg things to do at https://bestreadguidesmokymountains.com/. Print coupons or download the BRG App for mobile coupons and area deals. Text BRG to 444999 or go to your App store to download.