If you are looking for Ice Cream made the old fashioned way, then head to Ben & Jerry’s for Peace, Love and Ice Cream at two locations in the Smoky Mountains. One location is on the Parkway in Gatlinburg, so when you are strolling through the Gatlinburg downtown, you will find the Ben & Jerry’s conveniently located on the Parkway in the middle of town. Now if you are shopping at Tanger Outlets in Sevierville, simply saunter over to the Ben & Jerry’s located in the center of the Outlet shops.
1. The original ice cream flavor starts with the milk from contented cows in Vermont.
2. The heavy cream and condensed skim milk are kept at a cool 36 degrees at the factory until they are ready to be turned into ice cream and frozen yogurt.
3. Then the Mix Master blends the milk products with cane sugar and other ingredients to make the sweet cream or chocolate mix.
4. Pasteurizing and homogenizing are next, and the end result is allowed to ‘breathe’ before entering the flavor vats.
5. Expert mixers add the flavors then send the mix to the freezer.
6. The ‘creemee’ mix is then sent to the Chunk Feeder to add delicious bits of chocolate, fruit and other goodies into the mix.
There are several more steps but as you can see, there are a lot of steps to create that Ben & Jerry’s goodness like Chocolate Cherry Garcia, Bob Marley’s One Love, Bourbon Brown Butter, Phish Food, Strawberry Cheesecake and dozens more flavors dipped lovingly into a waffle cone or cup.You can also get shakes, sundaes and ice cream cakes for those special occasions.
Enjoy Ben & Jerry’s while you are vacationing in the Smokies and get help planning that vacation at https://bestreadguidesmokymountains.com/ where you can get coupons, maps and information about lodging, attractions, restaurants, distilleries, shopping and theaters.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.